Anyways, this is a wonderful recipe I've created based on a few I had read and combined. It is light on flour and heavy on veggies, easy to cook and big on flavour. The vegetables are not mashed or processed, keeping the texture of the fritters firm and crunchy.
- 1/2 heads (each) cauliflower and broccoli heads
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 C (each) grated old Cheddar and Parmesan cheese (you can also substitute either one for cottage cheese)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced/ pressed
- 1/3C whole wheat flour
- 1t red chili sauce
- 3T chopped parsley
- salt, pepper to taste
- 1/2 C plain yogurt
- 2T lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 1t chili or paprika
1. Separate the broccoli and cauliflower florets from the stems, chop up the stems, drop into boiled water. Prepare until tender but not too soft, about 3 minutes, drain. Chop the vegetables into 1cm pieces.
2. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs lightly. Add grated cheese, garlic, chili, flour, mix. Fold in the chopped vegetables.
3. In a large skillet, heat olive oil. Spoon out the mixture, flatter to form a pancake, about 5cm in diameter. Fry each side, 3-5 min each. Serve with spiced yogurt.